SEO Consultants act pretty much in the same way that consultants work in the rest of business today. Their main role is to provide expertise and knowledge supplying a group of tasks to support companies in achieving good search engine positioning.
Generally free advice can be given as a method of engagement, the client should not feel that their time has been wasted by the consultation period with too much technical jargon or detail on information about the delivery process which will disinterest the client.
With SEO consultants most of the techniques discussed on this site or within this blog (now and in the future) and will deliver what a client expects. Management of the client expectation is one of the key parts of good constructive consultants delivery.
A good SEO Consultant will obviously be able to offer you technical insight at the highest level, but perhaps more important is the ability to do so in a way that makes the recommendations relevant to your business as the SEO consultant has the clients brand in his hands.
By way of a short list and to demonstrate some of the key points I have put a list together of things to look for:
• Always check that the sales person is fully aware of the SEO sales cycle and the requirement- as a good quality SEO campaign is one of balance however, in most parts it’s common sense.
• Look for companies that have achieved page one of Google - if that is what is required, especially for difficult chosen keywords . SEO Services Now - [sales mode ‘off’] have achieved that and are willing to provide the contact and references to back this up - when vetting the SEO partner ask when and what timeframe they took to make it happen .
• Check for free information, Good SEO consultants should be happy to do this but it will be only a part of what is needed to be done.
• Don’t be scared to ask difficult or searching questions in most cases a good SEO consultant will be able to answer them.Ask what they do to achieve the goals.
• Have a look round, research the competition – compare pricing, some SEO companies charge 0,000’s per month.
• Look at contracts that are less than a year with performance related targetting have them as a rolling contract so it is easy to terminate on non-performance, look for non-compete clauses also.
• Primarily check out the SEO consultant throughly, this process is a long term strategy – this is not a fire and forget scenario and keeping the consultant on hand when needed on a regular basis is part of the strategy.
This service is results based and easy to measure any creditable SEO consultant should bring the expected results, the difficulty is finding that person in the first instance.
SEO Services Now the company to choose to provide your next seo consultant.
3 Temmuz 2011 Pazar
What makes a good SEO Consultant?
Etiketler: blog, business consultant, business consultants, business today, client expectation, consultants work, consultation period, delivey, disinterest, free advice, inducement, information overload, search engine positioning, seo, technical detail, technical jargon